This 2 Day First Aid at Work Refresher course is specifically for delegates who have previously completed the 3 day First Aid at Work course and are at the 3 year point of expiry or for those who have complete an annually skills practice session for a period of 5 years.
There is a formal assessment by independent assessors at the end of the training,
The nationally recognised First Aid at Work training programme will be taught. This will be inclusive of the following elements:
- Objectives & Importance of First Aid
- First Aid and the Law
- First Aid Box/Kit Contents
- Hygiene and Self-protection
- Assessment of an incident & priorities for treatment
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- Secondary Survey
- Recovery Position
- Care of the unconscious and not breathing casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Use of a Portable AED / Defibrillator
- The client can select up to 10 additional topics for the remaining sessions, so that the training is specific to their requirements.
Each delegate will have an opportunity to practice CPR skills on a range of manikins including ‘Fat Fred’ who represents an overweight person, Little Anne, Junior Anne and ‘Baby Anne’.
Delegates will also be able to practice techniques in bandaging, in controlling bleeding, using an epi-pen, using asthma in-haler, techniques for dealing with choking using ‘Choking Charlie’ and ‘Choking Baby’ manikins and methods for dealing with burns, plus many other practical skills.
Each delegate will receive a full colour glossy First Aid Manual and an accredited certificate valid for 3 years.
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) highly recommends that once trained in First Aid at Work, an annual ½ day skills practice be undertaken. This is not a legal requirement; however delegates undertaking a ½ day skills practice on an annual basis extend their 3 year validation to 5 years, before full refresher training has to be undertaken.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 12