The Working in Crowds course is designed to enhance the safety awareness of individuals and teams operating in large crowd situations. Such as local football matches, concerts, festivals etc.
The aims of the course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to plan and react appropriately in large crowd situations At the end of the course, delegates will:
- Have a clear understanding of possible hazards involved when working in large crowd situations
- Know what can go wrong, what to do if it does, and explored preventative measures and contingency planning
- Be able to plan and prepare an assignment taking into account the associated health, safety and security issues
- Be aware of the safe options for movement, positioning and profile
- Understand the advantages of team working
- Have a clear understanding of crowd dynamics, how events are marshalled, how situations can change, and the most suitable tactics for dealing with certain types of events and situations
- Know where to get further information and advice.
This course includes the following elements:
- Dealing with potential risks and threats
- Highlight potential threat and risk situations
- Avoidance of potential threats
- Planning and preparing a deployment:
- Consideration given to obtaining background information, equipment, contingency planning, and travel
- Safe options for movement
- Safe options for positioning
- Importance of personal profile in terms of clothing, positioning, equipment
Each delegate will receive course materials detailing the key points covered in the course, and a certificate of completion. The certificates will be posted within 14 days of the date of the course.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 16