This Noise at Work Awareness course is an introduction to the Noise at Work Regulations and the management of noise in the workplace. The course includes hands-on practical demonstrations of instrumentation and noise control and provides a good foundation for the Noise Assessment Competency course. Delegates need neither previous knowledge in noise or mathematic ability other than basic addition and subtraction.
This course includes the following elements:
- The effects of noise
- Induced levels of deafness and audio / visual simulations
- How the ear works – basic physiology
- Occupational noise management briefing – Noise at Work Regulations implications, company policy, and a brief introduction to the noise management program
- Noise units – a review of the units with definitions, basic calculations and ways of presenting measured noise data
- Sound propagation – how sound behaves, so providing a better understanding of noise control and calculation of safe working distances from noisy equipment
- Noise control – fundamental noise control techniques including materials
- Hearing protection – performance and selection
Each delegate will receive course materials detailing the key points covered in the course and a certificate valid for 3 years. The certificates will be posted within 14 days of the date of the course.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 16