The General Risk Assessment course is aimed at managers, supervisors and staff, who as part of their duties are required to undertake the process of Risk Assessment, including preparing and reviewing existing assessments.
Using a range of formats and templates for General Risk Assessment and Fire Risk Assessment, the course will be inclusive of the following elements:
- Moral, Legal and Financial reasons for Health & Safety
- Overview of Management of Health & Safety Regulations, Regulation 3 – The Requirements of Risk Assessment
- Definition of ‘Reasonably Practicable’
- What is a Hazard?
- What is Risk?
- The 5 steps to Risk Assessment
- How to assess risk in a ‘Reasonably Practicable’ context
- Principles of prevention
- Reviewing Risk Assessments in light of a near miss, accident or incident
- Control measures
- Practical exercises
Each delegate will receive a practical guidebook on how to complete a General Risk Assessment & Fire Risk Assessment and a guidebook on worked practical examples of Hazards & Risks, with associated practical control measures.
Each delegate will also receive course materials detailing the key points covered by the course, and a certificate of completion which will be posted within 14 days of the date of the course.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 16