The Safe Management of Events course gives you the knowledge and tools to tackle health and safety issues in event management. The course is aimed at event managers and organisers for both large and small events.
It brings you up to speed on current legislation, and tells you what practical actions you can take that ensure the health and safety of everyone involved with your events. You gain an understanding of the importance of health and safety as a core element of event planning, delivery and evaluation.
The course is delivered through a stimulating mix of practical and theoretical learning, combining industry-standards within the specific context of events management and organisation.
This course includes the following elements:
- Understanding risk management theory for events
- Learning from the past – previous event disasters
- Legislation for safe events – an overview
- Government regulations and HSE guidance for safe events
- Writing general and fire risk assessments for events
- Planning for event safety
- Venue planning and people management
- Site and emergency planning exercise
Each delegate will receive course materials detailing the key points covered by the course and a certificate of completion, which will be posted within 14 days of the course date.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 16