This one-day accident investigation training workshop is aimed at those delegates with a responsibility for investigating accidents and incidents in the workplace. It is primarily aimed at for Health and Safety Advisers/Officers, Safety Representatives, Managers, Supervisors or anyone with responsibility for investigating accidents.
The aim of the courses is to identify the root causes of accidents, using varying investigative techniques and make quality recommendations in order to prevent recurrences.
Thorough investigation into any workplace accident is necessary to help prevent recurrences and to demonstrate to enforcement authorities and other agencies, like insurance companies that appropriate remedial action has been or is being taken.
It also explores interviewing techniques and reporting requirements.
The topics covered on this accident investigation training course can be applied to any sector.
- Key topics in the Accident Investigation course
- Legal requirements for accident investigation and control
- Accident reporting requirements and procedures
- Accident causation theory, identifying root causes of accidents
- Collecting and analysing information
- Interview techniques taking statements from witnesses
- Recommending and implementing preventative measures
- Disclosure of information
- Securing remedial action
- Monitoring and review
- Case studies
Each delegate will receive course materials detailing the key points covered in the course, and a certificate of completion. The certificates will be posted within 14 days of the date of the course.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 12