The ½ Day First Aid Skills Practice course is aimed at those who have previously attended the 3 day First Aid at Work or the 1 day Emergency First Aid course. It is legally required through the process of risk assessment that a selected number of staff be trained at this level of first aid.
The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) highly recommends that once trained in First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid, an annual ½ refresher be undertaken. It is not essential however, undertaking a ½ day refresher on an annual basis extends the 3 year validation from the full course, to 5 years. Full training would then have to be undertaken again.
The nationally recognised Emergency First Aid training programme will be taught. This will be inclusive of the following elements:
- Objectives & Importance of First Aid
- First Aid and the Law
- First Aid Box/Kit Contents
- Hygiene and Self-protection
- Assessment of an incident & priorities for treatment
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- Secondary Survey
- Recovery Position
- Care of the unconscious and not breathing casualty
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Use of a Portable AED / Defibrillator
Each delegate will have an opportunity to practice CPR skills on a range of manikins including ‘Fat Fred’ who represents an overweight person, Little Anne, Junior Anne and ‘Baby Anne’.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 12