The 1 day Management Safety Awareness & Responsibilities is intended for people with strategic responsibility for determining and implementing effective health and safety management within an organisation. The importance of health and safety in the day-to-day running of a company dictates that senior members of management need to be very aware of their responsibilities. In recent years some high profile cases have clearly demonstrated that the responsibility for managing health and safety starts at management level. The safety message has to be driven from the top down, and directors and managers, although busy people, need to be involved in this process.
The course aims to provide Managers, Executives, Directors and Owners of UK organisations with an understanding of the moral, legal and business case for proactive health and safety management and to give guidance on effective risk management.
This course includes the following elements:
- Explain the root causes of accidents
- Understand the charges of manslaughter and corporate killing
- Appreciate the reasons for promoting Health & Safety in the workplace
- Explain the role of directors in Health & Safety management
- Understand the basic principles in the Revitalising Health & Safety strategy
- Understand the main sections of the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974, particularly relating to employers, managers, manufacturers, suppliers, designers and importers
- Appreciate the principles of strategic management and planning
- Understand the principles and application of safety management systems
- Explain the concept of continual improvement with regard to health & safety
- Understand the principles governing the use of workplace precautions, including relevant legislation, the environment and competence issues
- Appreciate the need for health & safety training
- Describe the role of safety professionals within the organisation
- Understand what is meant by active monitoring
- Identify means of active monitoring
- Appreciate the importance of identifying key objectives
- Recognise performance indicators
- Understand the process of change
Each delegate will receive course materials detailing the key points covered in the course, and a certificate of completion. The certificates will be posted within 14 days of the date of the course.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 16