The 1 Day Early Year’s / Paediatric First Aid is specifically aimed at those delegates who have a professional involvement with children (e.g. teachers and support workers), ideal for school in-set days or for those who want to learn basic child related first aid skills.
- Objectives & Importance of First Aid
- First Aid and the Law
- First Aid Box/Kit Contents
- Hygiene and Self-protection
- Assessment of an incident & priorities for treatment
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- Secondary Survey
- Recovery Position
- Care of the unconscious and not breathing casualty
- Infant, child and adult Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Infant, child and adult Choking
- Broken Bones
- Strains and Sprains
Each delegate will have an opportunity to practice CPR skills on a range of manikins including ‘Fat Fred’ who represents an overweight person, Little Anne, Junior Anne and ‘Baby Anne’.
Delegates will also be able to practice techniques in bandaging, in controlling bleeding, using an epi-pen, using asthma in-haler, techniques for dealing with choking using ‘Choking Charlie’ and ‘Choking Baby’ manikins and methods for dealing with burns, plus many other practical skills.
Each delegate will receive a full colour glossy First Aid Manual and an accredited certificate valid for 3 years.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 12